Leading cosmetic surgery information site RealSelf, has revealed a list of the most researched cosmetic surgery ops in 2018. Entitled ‘The RealSelf 2018 Aesthetics Trend Report’, it highlights the increase in popularity of non-surgical procedures such as anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers. It also goes on to list the top ten surgical procedures researched throughout the year.
Here, we’ll look at the results of the report, along with some of the key procedures patients are most interested in.
Most popular cosmetic surgery procedures
- Breast augmentation: It’s unsurprising breast augmentation was one of the most researched procedures in 2018. It has been one of the more popular surgical procedures carried out for decades. These days, the techniques used to enhance the breasts have changed dramatically, with more natural methods favoured.
- Tummy tuck: The abdominoplasty also remains a popular procedure, enabling patients to eliminate excess skin and fat in the abdominal area. It provides more significant results than liposuction alone, though it should never be used as a replacement for proper diet and exercise.
- Brazilian butt lift: One of the newest procedures to trend last year was the Brazilian Butt Lift. Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian made the procedure famous, though patients do need to be aware that it comes with significant risks and the advice from leading plastic surgery organisation is not to undergo this procedure at this time.
- Rhinoplasty: Nose jobs are another procedure which has remained consistently popular over the years. Rhinoplasty procedures can help to alter the size, shape and volume of the nose. When performed correctly, a rhinoplasty can change your entire facial appearance and the results are long-lasting.
- Liposuction: When it comes to fat removal, liposuction is one of the best procedures to have done. However, these days most surgeons focus on targeted liposuction which aims to contour the body, rather than eliminate a large amount of excess fat. If you are considering having liposuction, you need to understand that it isn’t designed to help you shed a lot of weight. Instead, it is better used to combat stubborn pockets of fat which aren’t shifting with diet and exercise alone.
- Eyelid surgery: Eyelid lift surgery is designed to reduce bagginess under the eyes, as well as remove excess skin from the top eyelid. It can be particularly useful for older patient as it can help to improve the eyesight.
- Breast reduction: While many patients are still opting for breast enlargements, there’s an increasing number of people looking to reduce the size of their breasts. A breast reduction can be useful for those suffering from aches and pains due to larger breasts. It’s also a popular choice for those seeking a more natural, balanced look.
These are just some of the most popular cosmetic procedures consumers researched throughout 2018. If you are interested in undergoing any of the procedures featured above, book a consultation with an expert surgeon today. They will help you to establish whether you actually need the procedure, and the risks and complications you need to be aware of.